Friday, July 19, 2019

A Word Out Of Your Mouth May Seem Of No Account, But It Can Accomplish Nearly Anything – Or Destroy It!


A Word
Out Of Your Mouth May Seem Of No Account,
But It Can Accomplish Nearly Anything – Or Destroy It!
Scripture
James 3
2 Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.
3-5 A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!
5-6 It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.
7-10 This is scary: You can tame a tiger, but you can’t tame a tongue—it’s never been done. The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer. With our tongues we bless God our Father; with the same tongues we curse the very men and women he made in his image. Curses and blessings out of the same mouth!
10-12 My friends, this can’t go on. A spring doesn’t gush fresh water one day and brackish the next, does it? Apple trees don’t bear strawberries, do they? Raspberry bushes don’t bear apples, do they? You’re not going to dip into a polluted mud hole and get a cup of clear, cool water, are you?
Observation
A careless or wrongly placed word out of my mouth can do terrible damage! Don't smile – you have the same problem.
How we talk to each other, especially to those closest to us, is so important.
How we talk to our spouse, how we talk to our children, how we talk to our grandchildren, we either build them up or we tear them down.
I mess up a lot myself, but when I hear some other people and how they constantly, negatively talk to their children or their spouse I feel sorry for the person and for the ones the person is talking to.
More families are destroyed with the tongue than anything else!
So let's be careful how we talk to each other!
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Ephesians 4:32
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:29
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 15:28
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
Application

I will watch what I say and how I say it. And when I mess up I will quickly say, “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”

How about you? Are you building people up or tearing them down?
Proverbs 21:23
Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)
Lord, help me build people up and not tear them down. Help me to control what I say and how I say it!
Romans 15:2
We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalms 46; James 3



No comments: