Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Dear Brothers And Sisters, When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way, Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.


Dear Brothers And Sisters,
When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way,
Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.
Scripture
James 1
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 

So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 
But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.
Observation
James 1 is loaded with all kinds of great stuff for us! I hope you make time to read this chapter today! It is only twenty-seven verses long!
Trouble – Trouble – Trouble – What do you do when trouble comes your way?
James, the brother of Jesus, says to consider it an opportunity, an opportunity for great joy! I need to memorize James 1:2-4 so when trouble comes I will remember to consider it as an opportunity for great joy!
We don't know what trouble is compared to what James and those early disciples of Christ went through. All of them were martyred for their faith, possibly with the exception of John who was exiled to the island of Patmos.
So what are you going through right now?
Well, consider it an opportunity for great joy!
1 Peter 2:9
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.
Application
I will begin to memorize James 1:2-4.
How about you?
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me look at every problem, every crisis, and trouble of any kind as an opportunity for great joy! Thank You for choosing me out of all creation, to become Your prized possession. I am chosen. I am blessed.
Help any person reading this blog today that might be experiencing trouble to look at it as an opportunity for great joy!
Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 
Psalm 56:3-4
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised.
    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 29,30,31; James 1



No comments: