Friday, July 12, 2019

And Just As Each Person Is Destined To Die Once


And Just As Each Person
Is Destined
To Die Once
Scripture
Hebrews 9
27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, 

28 so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

Observation
You’re born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there’s a loophole.” that's a quote from Billy Graham … Maybe you are healthy and you hardly ever think about death! Maybe it is a subject that you try your best to avoid. Regardless of whether we think about our death or not, the reality is, all of us are going to die. Hopefully, you have discovered the “loophole”!
Death for me is something that I am constantly aware of. You might think that what I just said was morbid, but for me, it is just reality!

It has been a year ago this July that I had my last episode. That is what they call when my heart goes into a crazy arrhythmia, it starts beating so fast that it quits pumping and just quivers, unable to pump blood to my body. Fortunately for me each time so far my defibrillator has shocked me and has brought my heart back into rhythm.

Usually, in my case, I go unconscious and then I get shocked. Then I wake up without ever feeling the shock. Last July was the first time I didn't go unconscious and I felt the shock! Let me say that I would much rather go unconscious than feel the shock again!

Here are some good quotes on the topic:
You’re born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there’s a loophole.” Billy Graham
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” Mark Twain
If today were your last, would you do what you’re doing? Or would you love more, give more, forgive more? Then do so! Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” Max Lucado
Take care of your life and the Lord will take care of your death.” George Whitefield
I long for heaven, but I dread getting out of this body.” Billy Graham
Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.” Helen Keller
Application
I need to live today like it was my last!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to live each day like it was my last. Help me to enjoy the people around me. Don't let me be more concerned about myself that I am for other people. Give me Your heart.
I pray for those who are dealing with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Help them to not be afraid. Give them strength. May they sense Your love, Your power, and Your strength today. And may they sense Your presence in their life!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 11,12,13,14; Hebrews 9



No comments: