Sunday, July 28, 2019

So You See, The Lord Knows How To Rescue Godly People From Their Trials … 2 Peter 2


So You See,
The Lord Knows
How To Rescue Godly People From Their Trials …
Scripture
2 Peter 2
9 So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment.
Observation
Are you going through a rough time right now? What are you doing about it? Are you fretting about it? If so, how is that working for you?
The Apostle Peter was writing to a church that was under extreme persecution and his word to them was this – look up! Trust in the Lord because He knows how to rescue godly people from their trials.
So let's get our eyes off of our circumstances and place them firmly on the only One who can help us!
Prayer is not wishful thinking. No … No … No … Prayer is trusting in the One who knows how to rescue us!
Application
I will trust God's heart when I am unable to see His hand in what is going on in my life.
How about you?
James 5:13-18
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 

14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 
17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! 
18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I read Your Word this morning I was reminded of just how much You have done for me and that You are continuing to do. You will never leave me or forsake me. You are always watching out for me. Nothing escapes Your watchful eye. Everything that happens to me is first filtered through You. Nothing touches me without Your permission. I am Your child. I have been blood-bought. I am precious in Your sight. You delight in me. You delight in every detail of my life. I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Hallelujah! You are worthy of all praise!
Isaiah 53:4-5
4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
    it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
    a punishment for his own sins!
5 But he was pierced for our rebellion,
    crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
    He was whipped so we could be healed.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 53,54,55,56; 2 Peter 2



No comments: