Monday, July 29, 2019

But You Must Not Forget This One Thing, Dear Friends: A Day Is Like A Thousand Years To The Lord, And A Thousand Years Is Like A Day.


But You Must Not Forget This One Thing, Dear Friends:
A Day Is Like A Thousand Years To The Lord,
And A Thousand Years Is Like A Day.
Scripture
2 Peter 3
8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.
9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—
16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
Observation
Are you mean? Are you harsh? Do you mistreat people? Are you abusive? Maybe you are living with someone who is all of the above. I am praying for some of you who are living with an ungodly and abusive partner. It breaks my heart to hear about what you have to endure.
The only reason that God continues to let this happen is that He is patient. His patience gives people time to be saved.
One day, I would love to hear that the mean, the harsh, the verbally abusive person has repented and placed his or her faith in the Lord and has been radically changed.
I do know that my God is constantly working in their life to bring them to repentance. God is patient with them. He wants them to be saved.
Application
I will patiently pray for those who right now don't know how to love because they don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I will never give up praying for them.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I need Your patience. Help me to not give up on people. I want to see their lives changed. I don't like the drama, the hurt, the damage that I see happening to family members of those who live with an abusive partner. Help them, Lord. Come to their rescue. Don't let the abuse continue. I pray for changed hearts. I pray for repentance and salvation and healing. You are the mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Psalm 103:8-12
8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
    slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
9 He will not constantly accuse us,
    nor remain angry forever.
10 He does not punish us for all our sins;
    he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
    is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
12 He has removed our sins as far from us
    as the east is from the west.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 57,58,59; Psalms 103; 2 Peter 3
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: