Wednesday, July 31, 2019

So Be Strong And Courageous All You Who Put Your Hope In The Lord!


So Be Strong
And Courageous
All You Who Put Your Hope In The Lord!
Scripture
Psalm 31
Love the Lord, all you godly ones!
    For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him,
    but he harshly punishes the arrogant.
24 So be strong and courageous,
    all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 51
16 You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
    You do not want a burnt offering.

17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
    You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

Observation
If you read your Bible on a regular basis you would notice just like I have that the phrase, “Be strong and courageous”, is repeated over and over again throughout God's Word.
I think that God has done that because we need, almost on a daily basis, a reminder to be strong and courageous!
We live in a rough world, full of lumps and bruises, hurts and disappointments. Every day we are faced with things that cause us to be afraid, to fret, to be discouraged.
So God, if we are reading His Word every day, constantly reminds us to be strong and courageous!
He reminded me today and so I am passing on His encouragement to you!
Joshua 1:9
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
1 Corinthians 1:8
He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.
1 Corinthians 15:58
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
Ephesians 6:10
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Application

I will stand firm in my faith. I will be strong and courageous!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for all of Your promises. Thank You for reminding me all the time not to be afraid. It is amazing to me the things that cause me the most fear. Help me to be bold and courageous! Don't let me be a spiritual wimp. I know that You are on my side. You are all-powerful! Nothing is too hard for You! So increase my faith, Lord. Help me to trust You today with every detail of my life!
I pray for any person reading this blog today who is dealing with fear. Help them, Lord. Help them to be bold and courageous! Help them to trust in You today for strength!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 63,64; Psalms 107; John 2 … I added: Psalm 31, Psalm 41, Psalm 51



No comments: