Sunday, July 14, 2019

What Is Faith?

What
Is
Faith?
Scripture
Hebrews 11
1 What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.
6 You can never please God without faith, without depending on him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely look for him.
Observation
I have read several posts on Facebook over the last couple of days bemoaning the fact that the church isn't what it should be. Some have said that they have quit attending church.
Over the years Kathy and I have had the opportunity to be involved in many different churches, even some churches in several other countries.
So here is the problem with our churches all over the world – they are filled with a bunch of sinners! It has always been that way even from the very beginning, just read in the book of Acts.
Kathy and I have been in churches where the Holy Spirit was mightily at work and it was very evident and you could sense His presence. But … no church stays that way all the time because it is comprised of a bunch of sinners!
You and I need to focus our attention on God and what He has called us to do. We need to realize that church, no matter what church we commit ourselves to participate in and be a part of is not going to be perfect. It is going to be lacking – because it is comprised of a bunch of people like you and me, a bunch of imperfect people.
Here is what God has called you and I to do. He has called on us to invest our lives in other people. Our task in life is to help others come to a personal relationship with God and help them grow in their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Application
I will keep my focus on investing in the lives of those around me.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for those disillusioned with church. Revive their spirit! Encourage them, Lord. Show them that church is your idea. Help them to get their focus back on what is most important. Help them to see that the only way to serve You is to serve other people. Give them Your heart for those around them. I pray this same prayer for myself. Don't let me get distracted.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 19,20,21; Hebrews 11


https://youtu.be/LBkmZ8JXp10

No comments: