Wednesday, July 03, 2019

And I Am Praying That You Will Put Into Action The Generosity That Comes From Your Faith In The Lord Jesus And Your Love For All Of God's People.


And I Am Praying That You Will Put Into Action The Generosity
That Comes From Your Faith In The Lord Jesus
And Your Love For All Of God's People.
Scripture
Philemon 1
4 I always thank my God when I pray for you, Philemon, 5 because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. 
6 And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.
7 Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.
Observation

Philemon was a slave owner, he was also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. We don't know the whole story but we do know that one of his slaves must have escaped and somehow met the Apostle Paul and this slave, Onesimus, became a believer and was discipled and highly valued by Paul. Now Paul was sending Onesimus back to his owner Philemon and Paul was asking Philemon to accept him back as a brother in Christ!

Do you have people that you refuse to be around? If they are going to be at the same place, at the same function, then do you intentionally not go. If that is the case then I am afraid that you are not putting into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.

What you are doing is called holding a grudge. You are the one who suffers not the person that you are intentionally distancing yourself from.

The Apostle Paul was asking Philemon to accept Onesimus back as a brother in Christ. Philemon could have Onesimus beaten or put to death because he had run away from his owner. Onesimus had wronged his owner, but Paul was asking that the owner forgive Onesimus and generously accept him back as a brother in Christ.

If you are still saying, “I forgive them but ...” Then I would say that your forgiveness is not very generous! And I would add that you are probably still holding a grudge!

Let go of the hurt and generously gift them with complete forgiveness!

Application

I will put into action the generosity that comes from my faith as I understand and experience all the good things I have in Christ.
How about you? Will you be stingy or generous with your gift of forgiveness?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to forgive quickly and completely when people hurt me. Help me to love people deeply and sacrificially. Help me to forgive people the same way that You have forgiven me. Thank You for each and every one of our friends. We are blessed. You have brought so many wonderful people into our lives. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine on them brightly today!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 6,7; 2 Chronicles 26,27; Philemon



No comments: