Sunday, July 21, 2019

Are Any Of You Suffering Hardships? You Should Pray.


Are Any Of You
Suffering Hardships?
You Should Pray.
Scripture
James 5
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 

14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 
17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years!
18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.
Observation

Kathy and I just watched the movie, “Breakthrough”! 
If you haven't watched it yet I would recommend it! What an amazing story about how God answered a mother's prayer for her son who had fallen through the ice on a lake in St Louis, Missouri. He was underwater for 15 minutes and another 45 minutes with no pulse. His Mom walks in the hospital room to see her son and prays for him and suddenly he had a pulse. All the doctors said it was a miracle!
I love it. We serve a mighty God!
No, God doesn't always heal when we pray in the way we ask. There are times when His response to our prayers is not going to be the visible miraculous answer like this mother received.
But we should always ask BIG …
Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray.”
Application
I am asking BIG! I serve a mighty God!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know the power of prayer. I am alive today because people prayed for me. I realize that You are constantly at work in the lives of every person that I am praying for. Miracles are happening all around me and most of them I don't even realize that they are happening. Sick physical bodies and sick spiritual hearts are being healed and transformed and restored all around me every day.
Lord, some of the people that read this blog are an answer to my prayers. Thank You for always hearing us. Thank You for never giving up on us. You are an awesome God.
I pray for those who have been praying and praying for a loved one to be healed and for a loved one to be saved. Bless them, Lord. May Your face on them with favor. Show them that they can trust that You are work even when they don't see an answer to their prayers.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 18,19; 2 Chronicles 32; James 5



No comments: