Thursday, July 11, 2019

Here Is The Main Point: We Have A High Priest Who Sat Down In The Place Of Honor Beside The Throne Of The Majestic God In Heaven.


Here Is The Main Point: We Have A High Priest
Who Sat Down In The Place Of Honor
Beside The Throne Of The Majestic God In Heaven.
Scripture
Hebrews 7
25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
26 He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.
Hebrews 8
1Here is the main point: We have a High Priest who sat down in the place of honor beside the throne of the majestic God in heaven.
2 There he ministers in the heavenly Tabernacle, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands.
Observation
Worship at your church and at my church, even on the best of days, will be nothing compared to what we are going to experience when we get to Heaven! I don't even think we can begin to imagine how awesome it is going to be!
We get glimpses every once in a while about what Heaven is going to be like, but only momentary glimpses.
The writer of Hebrews is basically saying to me today, “You ain't seen nothin' yet!”
I don't know about you but I am looking forward to what God has prepared for me in Heaven!
Isaiah 9:6-7 (Also part of my daily Bible reading this morning!)
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!
Application
I am reminded today that this earth is not my home. I am only passing through – I have an eternal home waiting for me in Heaven!
How about you? Where will you spend eternity when you die?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I read passages of Scripture like I did this morning from Isaiah and Hebrews I am reminded that this life is only the beginning for me. You have things in store for me that are too wonderful for me to even imagine. I am glad that I have a personal relationship with You. I am so glad that I am one of Your children. You delight in me. I am the apple of Your eye. Even though I don't deserve Your kindness You pour it out on me every single day. You are an awesome God. You are worthy of all praise!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 8,9,10; Hebrews 8



No comments: