Friday, July 26, 2019

Stay Alert! Watch Out For Your Great Enemy, The Devil. He Prowls Around Like A Roaring Lion, Looking For Someone To Devour.


Stay Alert! Watch Out For Your Great Enemy, The Devil.
He Prowls Around Like A Roaring Lion,
Looking For Someone To Devour.
Scripture
1 Peter 5
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 
Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. 
Observation
I remember my pastor, Bruce Moore, saying once while he was speaking about the importance of verse 1 Peter 5:7, “We need to take every worry and concern to God in prayer because the very next verse, 1 Peter 5:8, tells us that we have an enemy, the devil, and he is determined to wreck our lives and destroy us.
Yes, we have an enemy and it is not our spouse nor our boss. Satan's plan is to wreck your life. How is he doing with that? If he is having success then we need to reread 1 Peter 5:7 and do what it says!
Matthew 4:10
Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’”
John 10:10
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
Application
I will take all of my worries and concerns to the Lord.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to remember that You want to me to depend on You to take care of everything that I tend to worry about. You have always taken care of me. I know that you will take care of me in the future. You are on my side!
I pray for anyone reading this blog today who is having a hard time. Help them to see that 1 Peter 5:7 is a promise for them today. May Your face shine on them today with Your favor!
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 46,47,48,49; 1 Peter 5
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: