Monday, July 08, 2019

Even Though Jesus Was God's Son, He Learned Obedience From The Things He Suffered.


Even Though Jesus Was God's Son,
He Learned
Obedience From The Things He Suffered.
Scripture
Hebrews 5:8
8 Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 
Observation
If we never suffered, if we never went through trials, testing, and hardships there would be no need to call on our Heavenly Father for help.
And if God answered each and every one of our prayers as soon as we asked Him how would we ever learn to walk by faith.
Walking by faith and not by sight requires that we learn obedience from our suffering.
2 Corinthians 5:7
for we walk by faith, not by sight.”
Application
I will look upon suffering as a privilege and I will try hard not to complain when my body doesn't want to cooperate with my plans!
How about you? What are you learning through suffering and hardship?
Philippians 1:29
For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me whine and complain on the days that my body wants to stop. Help me to trust in You. Give me the strength to do the important things that I need to do. Help me to learn all that I need to learn with each and every trial that I face. Help me to walk in obedience. I know that You do not waste a hurt. I also know that nothing touches my body without Your approval. I am Your child. You have me in the palm of Your hand. I know that You delight in every detail of my life.
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.”
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 13,14; Psalms 100,101,102; Hebrews 5



No comments: