Saturday, July 06, 2019

Oh, That We Might Know The Lord! Let Us Press On To Know Him. He Will Respond To Us As Surely As the Arrival Of Dawn.


Oh, That We Might Know The Lord!
Let Us Press On To Know Him.
He Will Respond To Us As Surely As the Arrival Of Dawn.
Scripture
Hosea 6
3 Oh, that we might know the Lord!
    Let us press on to know him.
He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn
    or the coming of rains in early spring.”
Observation
I get up every morning and read the Bible. I don't do it because I have to do it. I used to read God's Word that way. I used to read it legalistically because I knew that I was supposed to. Maybe that has happened to you too? Why not get up every morning, open up the Bible, and look for what God wants to say to us?
I hope you have developed the good habit of reading God's Word every day and spending time alone with God. Personally, for me, I have found it easier to read the Bible on my computer using a reading plan from biblegateway dot com.
If you try reading God's Word without a plan you probably won't be consistent. You will be hit or miss and you will probably miss more than hit!
I journal about something that stands out to me like I am doing right now. You can do the same thing!
Just think about this verse, Hosea 6:3 … it so awesome! “Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.”
Application
I will read God's Word every day to know Him better. I will press on to know Him.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have provided a way for me to know You better each day. I just have to be in Your Word every single day. Thank You for giving us Your Word. It is impossible for me to understand everything that happens in my life, but I know that I can trust You to guide me and get me through. You have my back. You are for me, not against me. I want to know You more and more each day. So I will press on to know You better. Keep me away from sins that will mess up my walk with You.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to be in Your Word every day. Speak to them today. Show them that they can trust You with every detail of their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 6,7,8,9; Hebrews 3



No comments: