Tuesday, July 23, 2019

He Is Your Example, And You Must Follow In His Steps.


He Is
Your Example,
And You Must Follow In His Steps.
Scripture
1 Peter 2
21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
22 He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone.

23 He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.

24 He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.

25 Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.
Observation
Excuses … Excuses … Excuses – Yes, that is exactly what they are!
Let's not make excuses – let's do what God has called us to do – He has called us to do good, even if it means suffering.
Jesus Christ is our example and we are called to follow in His steps. If wearing a W.W.J.D. bracelet or necklace, or putting on a T-shirt with a Christian message, or placing a bumper sticker on your vehicle, helps you walk in obedience and helps you follow in Jesus' steps then, by all means, do it!
This passage is a reminder about what Jesus did for me. He personally carried my sins in His body on the cross so that I can be dead to sin and live for what is right!
And He did that for you too!
Application
I will not make excuses. I will do good. I will follow in Jesus' steps!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to always follow in the steps of Jesus. Don't let me compare myself with anyone else. Help me to do good. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with you and mess up my relationship with those around me. Help me to be sensitive to Your Holy Spirit today.
I pray for anyone who may be reading this blog today. Help them to shine today with your love. Meet their needs as they put You first.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38,39; Psalms 75; 1 Peter 2



No comments: