Wednesday, July 24, 2019

But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength. They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles. They Will Run And Not Grow Weary. They Will Walk And Not Faint.


But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength.
They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles. They Will Run
And Not Grow Weary. They Will Walk And Not Faint.
Scripture
Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.

30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41:10
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

1 Peter 3:12
12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
    and his ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns his face
    against those who do evil.”
Observation
Why is it so important for me to read God's Word every day? One of the main reasons, though there are many, is that the Bible is full of God's promises!
And if I didn't read them on a daily basis I could easily grow weary and faint and give up.
Are you weary? Are you ready to give up? Let me encourage you to open up God's Word and dig in and then hold on to every promise that God gives you today!
I listed a few of my favorite promises from my Bible reading this morning, but I could have listed a few more both from Isaiah and from 1 Peter.
Every day God shows me all of the things that He has promised me as I read His Word. And you can enjoy them too if you take time, just a few minutes, to open up His Book!
Application
I look forward to getting up tomorrow morning to read more of what God has to say to me!
How about you? Will you take a few minutes each day to read God's Word?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us Your Word. You did not leave us here alone. You have given us Your Holy Spirit, Your Word, and other believers to help us get through each day. Thank You for each and every one of Your promises.
I pray for my special friend James Hartley as he goes in for surgery today and I pray for our friends Maria and Jerry Serrano as they go through this time of loss.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 40,41,42; 1 Peter 3



No comments: