Sunday, July 07, 2019

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak, But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart; He Is Mine Forever.


My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak,
But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;
He Is Mine Forever.
Scripture
Psalm 73
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    I desire you more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.
27 Those who desert him will perish,
    for you destroy those who abandon you.
28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
    and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
Observation
I have definitely moved into the 4th quarter of this game called life and probably very close to the two-minute warning.
Every day something new hurts or something new wants to quit working like it is supposed to.
I remember a good friend telling me, “If we only knew what was actually going on inside of our bodies we would be shocked!” So true! I am glad that I don't know!
Maybe you are dealing with some aches and pains today. Maybe some things have quit working like they are supposed to. Maybe you are living with a life-threatening disease and it is taking its toll on your body. If that is the case, just remember that all of us will be where you are one day. Our bodies are all wearing out!
The important questions for us are these: Are we near to God? Is God the strength of our heart? Do we desire Him more than anything else on earth? If our answer to all of those questions is yes, then we are going to be just fine … in spite of all of our aches and pains!
Application
So I declare and I totally agree with what the Psalmist declares in Psalm 73:25-28 when he says,
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.”

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are the Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. You know what is going on inside of me. You even know how many hairs I still have left on my balding head. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but You remain the strength of my heart; You are mine forever. I desire You more than anything on earth. You are my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do!
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 10,11,12; Psalms 73; Hebrews 4



No comments: