Saturday, July 27, 2019

By His Divine Power, God Has Given Us Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.


By His Divine Power,
God Has Given Us
Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.
Scripture
2 Peter
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 
6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness,
7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
Psalm 92
12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees
    and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.

13 For they are transplanted to the Lord’s own house.
    They flourish in the courts of our God.

14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit;
    they will remain vital and green.
Observation
I had a hard time this morning trying to decide whether to write something about Psalm 92 or 2 Peter 1, so I included verses from both of them for you!
2 Peter 1:3 says that God has given us everything that we need to live a godly life – so no more excuses. If Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, then we can do this!
It is so easy to make excuses, isn't it! We can always try to place the blame for our bad conduct on someone else, like our spouse, but if we are honest there are always plenty of things that we can change in our own lives and that is what we need to focus on.
The only person that you and I can change is ourselves. If we will just make some important changes in our own lives it will be amazing what will happen in the lives of those around us. Suddenly they won't be half as bad as they were before!
I did really wanted to write about Psalm 92:14 this morning too! Read it and you will know why it jumped out at me today!
Application
When I see something that isn't right in someone else I need to remind myself that I am also a work in progress!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You have given me everything that I need to live a godly life. I have no excuse. Help me to focus on what Eddy needs to change and not worry about the faults that I see in others. All of us are broken and we are all in need of a complete overhaul. Thank You for putting up with me in spite of all of my imperfections. Thank You, Lord, for not giving up on me. Don't let me ever give up on the people that You have placed in my life.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 50,51,52; Psalms 92; 2 Peter 1



No comments: