Saturday, July 20, 2019

How Do You Know What Your Life Will Be Like Tomorrow?


How Do You Know
What
Your Life Will Be Like Tomorrow?
Scripture
James 4
13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.”

14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 

15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 

16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own pretentious plans, and all such boasting is evil.

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
Observation
Your life is like the morning fog – it's here a little while, then it's gone.” In a couple of months, Kathy and I are planning on attending our 50th High School reunion and also in a few months, on November 1st, we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary!
In the blink of an eye – that seems to be the speed of life!
This passage is a reminder to me that I need to make the rest of my life really count for God. I need to finish well.
How about you? “Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
Application

I want this to be my heart attitude, “If the Lord wants me to, I will live and do this or that.”

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me miss out on what You want me to do with my life. It is speeding by so quickly. I want You to be able to count on me. Help me to walk in a way that pleases You. Direct my steps. Help me to trust You with all my heart. Help me not to lean or depend on my own understanding.
I pray for any person reading this blog this morning. Help them live in a way that makes You smile. Give them victory over any sin in his or her life. Show them that they can depend on You for whatever is going on in their life. Answer their prayers. Make them successful. Bless them, Lord!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 29,30,31; James 4



No comments: