Tuesday, July 09, 2019

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.


This Hope
Is A Strong And Trustworthy
Anchor For Our Souls.
Scripture
Hebrews 6
18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 
20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Observation
Hopelessness is a terrible thing … maybe you are at that point in your life or know someone who is. There are many reasons for the feeling of hopelessness. It could be caused by the death of a loved one, a broken relationship, financial disaster, finding out that you or a loved one has a life-threatening disease or the loss of a job, or I am sure many other things.
I know that the state of hopelessness goes way beyond worrying about something, but I think Philippians 4:6-7 still gives us an answer of how to move from hopelessness back to a place of hope: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
So if you are being tossed around today. Dig into God's Word. Talk to the Lord. Anchor yourself to the solid Rock. Let Him give you hope!
By the way Hebrews 6:19 is one of Kathy's favorite verses. She could have done a far better job writing about it than I have done!
Application
As I read Hebrews 6:19 I decided to look up all the verses in the Bible that contained the word “anchor” and all the verses that contained the word “hope”. There were only seven places where the word “anchor” was used, but the word “hope” was used 190 times.
Psalm 119:61
Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your instructions.
Psalm 25:5
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Psalm 33:20
We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33:22
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
Psalm 39:7
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 62:5
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
Psalm 94:19
When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Psalm 130:5
I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Matthew 12:21
And his name will be the hope
    of all the world.”
Romans 15:13
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't ever let me lose hope. My hope is in You. You are the trustworthy anchor for my soul. My only hope is in You.
I pray for any person reading this blog today that might be experiencing the feeling of hopelessness. Give them hope, Lord. Help them to put their trust and their hope in You alone. Show them that they can trust You to take care of them.
Daily Bible Reading: Micah 1,2,3,4; Hebrews 6



No comments: