Saturday, April 11, 2020

As For Me, Far Be It From Me That I Should Sin Against The Lord, By Failing To Pray For You.


As For Me,
Far Be It From Me That I Should Sin Against The Lord,
By Failing To Pray For You.
Scripture
1 Samuel 12
23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. 
24 But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
Observation
Let me start out by thanking Pastor Brian Elliott and Derek Christian for leading us at Christ Fellowship in a special time of worship last night. I appreciate them so much for doing that for all of us who are sheltered in!
Yesterday was what is known to all of us as Good Friday – 'Good' because Jesus died for our sins. Today is what Max Lucado last night in his message during his Good Friday Worldwide Event with Chris Tomlin, called Silent Saturday.
Max said that God was silent on that Saturday and he says that right now you and I are experiencing a 'Silent Saturday'. It is true that right now God is not letting us know what He is doing.
And we don't know how long this worldwide crisis is going to last. But my friend we do know that even though we might be living in the middle of a 'silent Saturday' we know without a doubt that Sunday is coming!
Our God is Alive! Jesus Christ did not stay in that tomb! God did not stay silent for long! We celebrate this weekend because we know that He Lives! And we know that we may be going through a rough time right now … but we know that Sunday is coming!
Again I want to say that I appreciate our worship leaders and the leadership team of our church for all that that do for us! I appreciate all of you so much!
The prophet Samuel said this when he was old and when he was no longer able to lead his people and he was turning the leadership of the nation over to King Saul, “As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.”
Application
I will pray for those that the Lord lays on my heart, especially my pastors and the leadership team of our church.
How about you? Are you a praying man or praying woman? If not, now is a very good time to start!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my pastors, Pastor Bruce and Pastor Brian. Give them the wisdom that they need to lead us. Help them to be strong men of God. Protect them and their families from the evil one. Inspire them. Encourage them. Keep them away from stupid sins that would mess up their being able to lead us. Help us to follow their leadership.
Today is 'silent Saturday', but Lord I know that Resurrection Sunday is coming! Show us how to bring You glory as we go through this storm!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 11,12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11



No comments: