Sunday, April 05, 2020

So We Are Christ Ambassadors;


So
We Are
Christ Ambassadors;
Scripture
2 Corinthians 5
20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 
21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Observation
When I was 8 or 9 years old I started going to a church with my Granny and at that church they had something for boys my age that they called R.A.'s. I became a Royal Ambassador for Christ. It was through the influence of two men, R.A. counselors, two brothers, Ed and Charles Meade that I was first introduced to Jesus Christ.
Seeds of the Gospel were sown into my heart by these two men. And even though it was not until I was 19 that I fully surrendered my life to Christ these two men had an eternal influence on my soul!
My friend, if you a follower of Jesus Christ then you are His ambassador. You and I represent Christ to a lost and dying world. And it is for that reason that our lives need to be different. If what you and I are doing does not bring God glory we need to stop it! Don't try to find verses in the Bible to support your habit or your practice … just stop!
At nineteen, after surrendering my life to Christ, the first ministry that God got Kathy and I involved in was … guess what … R.A.'s!
Application
I am a Royal Ambassador for Christ. I plan to plead with those around me, “Come back to Christ”. If there is something that I am doing that is not pleasing to God I want Him to show me so I can stop it!
How about you? Are you a good ambassador for Christ? What needs to change?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for sending these two men into my life. They will never realize how You used them to shape my life. Help me to do the same thing for the people that You bring into my life. Every day is a new day. Today You will bring some new people into my life. I pray that they will see Jesus in me. Show me anything in my life that needs to change. Help me be willing to change or stop anything that is getting in the way of my being a good ambassador for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Ruth 1,2; Psalms 53, 61; 2 Corinthians 5



No comments: