Monday, April 20, 2020

Keep On Asking, And You Will Receive What You Ask For. Keep On Seeking, And You Will Find. Keep On Knocking, And The Door Will Be Opened To You.


Keep On Asking, And You Will Receive What You Ask For.
Keep On Seeking, And You Will Find. Keep On Knocking,
And The Door Will Be Opened To You.
Scripture
Matthew 7
7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?
10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not!
11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
The Golden Rule
12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
Observation
There was so much that I could have shared this morning from today's Bible reading. If you are reading the same Bible reading plan that I am then I am sure that you would agree. Just take a few minutes and read: 1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7!
But since I needed to pick just one thing I went with what Jesus said to me about prayer. And what He said to me was this … PRAY and NEVER GIVE UP!
I am to keep on asking, keep on seeking, and I am to keep on knocking … Why? … Because I have a Good Heavenly Father who loves to give good gifts to all of us who ask!
Oh, and I threw in verse 12, which is “The Golden Rule”, because that is what each of us who are believers in Christ Jesus should be doing during this Covid 19 crisis! We all should be looking out for other people! We should be helping others get through this crisis!
Psalm 31
23 Love the Lord, all you godly ones!
    For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him,
    but he harshly punishes the arrogant.

24 So be strong and courageous,
    all you who put your hope in the Lord!

Psalm 54

4 But God is my helper.
    The Lord keeps me alive!

Application
I have a Good Heavenly Father who wants to answer my prayers. So I will keep on praying and I will never give up!
How about you? Who are you praying for?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for taking such good care of me. I am blessed. Help me to keep my focus on those around me. Don't ever let me give up praying for them. Show me who needs my help. And put on my heart those that You want me to pray for.
I do pray for my family and no, I will never give up praying for them. I will not stop praying for them until they acknowledge Jesus as their Lord and Savior and they live their lives in a way that brings You glory. You saved me. You changed my life and I know that You can change them too.
Psalm 54
1 Come with great power, O God, and rescue me!
    Defend me with your might.
2 Listen to my prayer, O God.
    Pay attention to my plea.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7



No comments: