Wednesday, April 08, 2020

For Your Sakes He Became Poor, So That By His Poverty He Could Make You Rich.


For Your Sakes He Became Poor,
So
That By His Poverty He Could Make You Rich.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 8
9 You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.
Observation
I don't know about you but sometimes it is just good, especially in a time of crisis, to be reminded that I am a child of God and because of that relationship I am rich! The Scriptures say that I have a priceless inheritance, ready and waiting for me in Heaven where nobody can touch it, where nobody can mess it up!
Jesus, though He was rich, yet for my sake and for your sake became poor, so that by His poverty He could make us rich.
The Apostle Paul reminds the believers in Corinth and he is reminding us to be generous because of all that we have in Christ. And Paul points to the church in Philippi as an example of those who gave generously out of their poverty.
You and I need to be generous!
Colossians 3:24
24 Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.
1 Peter 1:4
4 and we have a priceless inheritancean inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.
Application
I will look for ways to be generous.
How about you?
Philippians 4:19
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You have always taken care of me. You provide more than I need so that I can have enough to help someone else. Don't let me be stingy. Don't let me hold on too tightly to what You allow me to steward for You. You own it all. I know that You are just letting me use all the stuff around me. It is not mine. It all belongs to You.
I pray for Donnie Huffman, adopted son-in-law of James Hartley, who will have quadruple bypass surgery on Thursday. And I pray for his wife, Dinkie.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 3,4,5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8



No comments: