Monday, April 13, 2020

Be Joyful. Grow To Maturity. Encourage Each Other. Live In Harmony And Peace. Then The God Of Love And Peace Will Be With You.


Be Joyful. Grow To Maturity. Encourage Each Other.
Live In Harmony And Peace.
Then The God Of Love And Peace Will Be With You.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 13
11 Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.
Observation
Just a reminder that today is Monday and yesterday was a spiritual high. Easter, at least for me and hopefully for you too, is a very special day!
We look forward to celebrating Easter even if we had to celebrate it at home with other believers connected over the internet. It is a spiritual high!
If you have been a Christian any time at all then you know that we don't live on the mountain top, we live in the valley. Yesterday we were on the mountain top … today we are back in the valley.
So I think the Apostle Paul's words of exhortation in 2 Corinthians 13:11 are appropriate for us today the Monday after Resurrection Sunday: “Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.”
Application
I will be joyful today. I know that it is a choice. I will continue to grow in Christ. I will look for people to encourage. I will strive to live in harmony with those around me.
How about you? Will you make the decision to be joyful?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me put into practice what the Apostle Paul has said in 2 Corinthians 13:11. I know it is my choice. Show me how to live in a way that brings You glory and honor.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to live out this verse too.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13



No comments: