Thursday, April 16, 2020

Kind Words Are Like Honey – Sweet To The Soul And Healthy For The Body.


Kind Words Are Like Honey –
Sweet To The Soul
And Healthy For The Body.
Scripture
Proverbs 16
24 Kind words are like honey—
    sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Observation
I googled what I am getting ready to share with you so I know that it must be true! Just kidding of course about it being true just because I found it on the internet!
But according to Google there are over one million words in the Englixh language. In a dictionary you find about 170,000 words and most people (again according to Google) know about 20,000 to 30,000 words!
But more important than all of that is this, “Are my words when I speak to people, are they kind?
How I talk to people today is more important than anything else!
Proverbs 10:32
The lips of the godly speak helpful words, but the mouth of the wicked speaks perverse words.
Application
Lord, help me to be kind today. Help me to put Proverbs 16:24 into practice today!
How about you? Meanness/harshness or kindness? The choice is ours to make!
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.
Proverbs 10:32
The lips of the godly speak helpful words, but the mouth of the wicked speaks perverse words.
1 Peter 2:1
So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is way too easy for me to be short and even down right mean with the people who I love the most. Help me to guard my heart and my mouth. Help me to use wise words that bring healing and not careless hurtful words that stab like a sword.

I pray for anyone reading this blog today. Help them to use kind words today. May they speak helpful words today.


Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 18; 1 Chronicles 6; Psalm 11; Matthew 3, I added: Psalm 16, Psalm 36: Proverbs 16



No comments: