Monday, April 27, 2020

“Take Courage! I Am. Don't Be Afraid.”


Take Courage!
I Am.
Don't Be Afraid.”
Scripture
Matthew 14
24 Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves.
25 About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. 
26 When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!”
27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 
30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
32 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. 
33 Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.
Matthew 14:27
But immediately, Yeshua spoke to them, saying, “Take courage! I am. Don’t be afraid.” TLV
Observation
Jesus was not just a good man. He was not just a good teacher and He was not just a good philosopher. Jesus was and He still is the Great I AM. He was and He is God Incarnate, God in the Flesh!
This storm that He allowed his disciples to go through was to show them just Who He was! When He showed up that night walking on the water, He said to His disciples, “Take courage! I Am is here. Don't be afraid.”
Do you remember when Moses was going to rescue the Hebrew children and Moses asked God how will they know that You have sent me and God said to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” (Exodus 3:14)
Jesus declared His Deity that night when He said, “Take Courage! I Am is here. Don't be afraid.”
I Am is here with us today in this storm, in our present crisis! Take Courage! Don't be afraid.
Application
I will look up the passages where Jesus declared, “I Am” so I will be encouraged and strengthened today!
How about you? Do you need to be encouraged?
I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger” (John 6:35).
I am the light of the world” (John 8:12).
 “I am the door” (John 10:9).
I am the true vine” (John 15:1).
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11). 
I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25).
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for leaving Heaven and coming down to this earth to take on human flesh as Jesus Christ. I know that the Great I Am is still in control of things today. Even when things seem completely out of control they are not out of Your control. The disciples were afraid that night because they were caught in a storm and because they saw Jesus walking on water. Help me not to be afraid. Help me to trust You. You are the only One who can calm the stormy sea. You are the One, the only One, who can put an end to this pandemic, to this worldwide plague. I look to You for help.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 2; 1 Chronicles 11; Psalm 142; Matthew 14



No comments: