Thursday, April 02, 2020

Why Am I Discouraged? Why Is My Heart So Sad? I Will Put My Hope In God! I Will Praise Him Again –


Why Am I Discouraged?
Why Is My Heart So Sad?
I Will Put My Hope In God! I Will Praise Him Again –
Scripture
Psalm 42
11 Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and my God!
Observation

One of the reasons that I want to keep going to the hospital to visit with patients, especially right now when patients can have no visitors from the outside, is to encourage them, to give them hope! I have the unique opportunity as a chaplain to be able to visit patients right now when no one else can except for medical personnel who are caring for them.
Being in the hospital is bad enough, but can you imagine being in the hospital and not being allowed to have any loved ones there with you to keep you company.
Last night I was at the hospital and I was visiting a patient who was FaceTiming with her family at home. I talked with her while they were still on the phone and when I prayed for her I prayed for all of them.
This is all so surreal. People everywhere need to be constantly reminded where they can find hope during this difficult time.
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? - Covid 19 and all of the bad news associated with it ... I will put my hope in God!
Application
What should I do? I should do just what the Psalmist did – I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God! I will look for someone who needs my help. I will look for someone who needs to be encouraged.
Who needs your help? Who needs to be encouraged? A phone call … a text message … some food from the grocery store or a meal delivered to them … flowers … FaceTime with grandparents/grandkids or kids
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are my Savior and my God! You are my hope! You are my strength. I put my trust in You. You are the anchor for my soul. Do not let me become discouraged. Do not let my heart become sad. Show me who needs to be encouraged. Show me who needs to be lifted up. You are their hope!
Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and incomprehensible things you do not know.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 13,14,15,16; 2 Corinthians 2; I added: Psalm 2, Psalm 42; Proverbs 2



No comments: