Friday, April 24, 2020

“Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.”


Come To Me, All Of You
Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.”
Scripture
Matthew 11
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Observation
Weary … does that describe how you feel these days? It describes the way I feel this morning. I am ready for all of this to go away! We desperately need the light that can be seen at the end of the tunnel!
Jesus is saying to me and you morning, “Come to me, I know that you are weary and I know that you are carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.”
You and I were never designed to live in this crazy, dangerous, chaotic world on our own. We were created by God to be dependent on Him.
A few minutes ago Kathy and I were awakened by a tornado alert on both of our cell phones saying take cover in the safest room of your house! Now that is a great way to start one's day – immediately I prayed, “Lord, keep us safe!” I am so glad that I have a Heavenly Father who I can call on in times of trouble.
In these troublesome times it is great to know that Jesus has conquered this evil and chaotic world!
Application
I will quickly call on the Lord when I am in trouble, when I am tired and weary, and when my burdens become too heavy.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, trouble seems to be everywhere right now. I am weary and I am tired of all of this coronavirus stuff. Even our weather is totally crazy. Lord, I will be so glad when You take it all away. I pray and I ask You keep my family safe during all these storms. I pray for our government leaders. Give them wisdom to do the right thing concerning opening back up our country!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 28,29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11



No comments: