Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Lord Doesn't See Things The Way You See Them. People Judge By Outward Appearance, But The Lord Looks At The Heart.


The Lord Doesn't See Things The Way You See Them.
People Judge By Outward Appearance,
But The Lord Looks At The Heart.
Scripture
1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
Observation
Have you ever been totally wrong about someone? I sure have.
Maybe you have been deeply hurt because you misjudged someone's character and they were nothing like what you first thought. That is because we tend to judge people by their outward appearance but God looks at their heart.
Samuel sure didn't think that God would have picked David to be king.
When the Prophet Samuel sized up the sons of Jesse he thought Jesse's son, Eliab was certainly the one that God would pick to be king, but God said to Samuel, “ Don’t judge by his appearance or height for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
King David was a man after God's own heart.
Acts 13:22
 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ 
Right now, right at this very moment, God is looking at my heart and He is looking, right now, at your heart too.
Application
I will read God's Word everyday and I will try my best, with God's help, to be a man after God's own heart.
How about you?
Psalm 119:9&11
9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that I did not choose You, but amazingly You chose me. It was not because of anything that I have done. It was only because of Your mercy and Your grace that I am a child of Yours. I have been blood bought with the very high price of the death of Your Son on the cross. So help me to live like a child of the King. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You alone are worthy to be praised. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my walk with You and the people that I love.
I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine brightly on them with Your favor. Show them how to walk today in a way that pleases You. Meet the deep needs of his or her life.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1



No comments: