Sunday, April 19, 2020

So Don't Worry About Tomorrow, For Tomorrow Will Bring Its Own Worries. Today's Trouble Is Enough For Today.


So Don't Worry About Tomorrow,
For Tomorrow Will Bring Its Own Worries.
Today's Trouble Is Enough For Today.
Scripture
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Observation
Amen! Today's trouble is enough for today. Let's take this crisis one day at a time! Matthew 6 is one of my go to passages when I catch myself worrying about something.
Today, it just happened to be part of my daily Bible reading! But it comes at a perfect time for me and maybe if you take time to read Matthew 6 today it will help you too!
We are told in the Scriptures not to worry. We have a Heavenly Father who wants to take care of us. He wants us to trust and put our faith in Him to take care of whatever we need. When we worry it is evidence that we are not putting our faith and trust in Him.
Here are a few of my other favorite verses that come to my mind when I start to worry about something:
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Isaiah 26:3
3 You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Application
Whenever I start to worry … I will stop and I will pray. I will hold on tightly to all of God's Promises.
How about you? Worry or Trust … the choice is ours to make!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know what You want us to do during this crisis. You want us to look up. You want us to call on You. Blaming other people won't help us. Blaming our government or some other government won't help us. Our only hope is in You. None of this could have happened without Your permission. And I know that You could stop this virus today if You wanted to do so. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. Help our nation to turn to You and help us cry out to You for help! You have my attention!
I pray for any friend today that might be worried about their life. Help them to put their trust in You!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6



No comments: