Monday, April 06, 2020

Be Still And Know That I Am God!


Be Still
And
Know That I Am God!
Scripture
Psalm 46
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”
11 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
    the God of Israel is our fortress.
Observation
I believe that over 180 countries are now trying to deal with Covid 19 out of the world's 195 countries! Do you think … just maybe … that the Lord is saying to us here on planet earth, “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
It is like the wind. It is like the breath that we breathe. It is an invisible enemy and it spreads like wildfire!
I don't know about you but God has my attention!
Some conspiracy theorists I am sure are already blaming this virus on evil government, either our government or some other government or a world wide master plan, a conglomeration of evil governments with plans to take over the world.
I think that this plague like many other plagues that are mentioned in the Bible have this overarching purpose - “Be still, and know that I am God!”
All of us, as quickly as possible, need to fall to our knees and cry out to God and ask Him to stop this plague.
Numbers 16
47 Aaron did as Moses told him and ran out among the people. The plague had already begun to strike down the people, but Aaron burned the incense and purified the people. 
48 He stood between the dead and the living, and the plague stopped.
Application
I am praying asking God to stop this virus.
How about you? Are you a praying man or woman? If not, now is a great time to start!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You hear me when I pray. I know that You answer my prayers. I am asking You to stop this plague. This is an invisible enemy, but I know that it is not invisible to You. You see it spreading and You know exactly where it is going and exactly what it is doing. None of this surprises You.
I pray for those who have this virus. I pray for healing. I pray for protection for my family and friends. Help us learn whatever we need to learn quickly so this virus will stop. I know that You could stop this virus today if You wanted to do so. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Ruth 3,4; Psalms 64,65; 2 Corinthians 6; I added: Psalm 6, Psalm 46, Proverbs 6



No comments: