Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Praise The Lord; Praise God Our Savior! For Each Day He Carries Us In His Arms. Our God Is A God Who Saves!


Praise The Lord; Praise God Our Savior!
For Each Day He Carries Us In His Arms.
Our God Is A God Who Saves!
Scripture
Psalm 68
19 Praise the Lord; praise God our savior!
    For each day he carries us in his arms. Interlude

20 Our God is a God who saves!
    The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death.

Observation
Don't think for a minute that we are going through this crisis alone. Psalm 68:19 reminds me that I am not alone and this verse lets me know exactly who is taking care of me. That's right, my God ... my Heavenly Father, is carrying me in His arms. “Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death.”
I was listening to my good friend Pastor Saul Mateos last night via Facebook as he shared a message to his church family at First Baptist Church of Puebla in the city of Puebla, Mexico.
His message was about Moses. He said that Moses was rescued by Pharaoh’s daughter so that later Moses could rescue the Hebrew children out of slavery. He was rescued so that he could rescue. You and I (if you are a follower of Jesus Christ) have been rescued so we can rescue others!
Look around. Who needs our help? People need to be encouraged now more than ever.
We are all getting weary. We all need a gentle reminder that our Heavenly Father is carrying us in His arms! He's got this!
Galatians 6:9-10
9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
Hebrews 10:24
24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
Application

I will look for opportunities to do good. I will thank the Lord for carrying me in His arms through this crisis.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, everyday is a new day. This is a day that You have made! I will rejoice and be glad in it! Show me how to live out this day in a way that pleases You. Don't let me waste it! Thank You for carrying me in Your arms through this difficult time. I am safe in the shelter of Your wings. Thank You for all of Your promises that remind me just how much You love me and care for me.

I pray for any person who may be reading this blog today who is stressed out over this situation. Comfort them, Lord. Encourage them. Send people their way who can brighten up their day.

I pray for Pastor Saul Mateos and his wife Raquel. Bless them, Lord. Encourage them today.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15; I added: Psalm 28, Psalm 58, Psalm 68; Proverbs 28



No comments: