Friday, April 17, 2020

People Do Not Live By Bread Alone, But By Every Word That Comes From The Mouth Of God.


People Do Not Live By Bread Alone,
But By Every Word
That Comes From The Mouth Of God.
Scripture
Matthew 4:4
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
People do not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Observation
Today, more than any other time in the history of mankind, there is no excuse for not living by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
If you have a smart phone, a tablet, or a computer, then you have access to the Word of God, and you have it available to you in every translation and in all kinds of languages. We have no excuse!
I hope that with all of this extra time on your hands that you develop the habit of being in God's Word every day. Did you know that just by reading God's Word about 15 minutes a day that you can read the entire Bible.
Have you ever set as a goal to read the Bible through in a year? Or if that seems to overwhelming how about reading the New Testament through over the next few months.
You can see that I have started reading the New Testament and today I read Matthew 4. In the Old Testament I am presently reading about David being hunted down by King Saul.
We are hard wired and designed by God to read and spend time in His Word on a daily basis. We were never designed to live life without depending on God and trusting in Him for direction.
God created us to have a relationship with Him – a Father/son or a Father/daughter relationship. And He speaks to us through His Word.
Let's take time to open up our Bibles and dive into the Word of God today!
As my pastor Dr. Waylon B. Moore always told the congregation, “Our Bibles are 'spiritual supermarkets' filled with all sorts delicious food to nourish our souls!”
Jeremiah 15:16
When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.
Application
I will enjoy spending time with God every morning at around 6 AM.
How about you? Do you have a specific time and a specific place where you will spend time in God's Word every day?
Colossians 3:16a,
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly” 
1 Peter 2:2
like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that Your Word is a light to guide my path. I know that it is spiritual food to nourish my soul. I know that Your Word will keep me away from sin. I am know that I am to guard your Word in my heart. Help me to be in Your Word every day. Don't let me miss a single day this year.
I pray for my friends who are trying to have a daily quiet time with You. Help them to be successful. May Your Word become alive to them. Help them grow spiritually, Lord. Help them to grow!
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
    and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:9&11
How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
A quote from Pastor Rapley Armstrong that I have written down in one of my Bibles:
This Book will keep you away from sin and sin will keep you away from this Book!”
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4



No comments: