Saturday, April 04, 2020

For Our Present Troubles Are Small And Won't Last Very Long.


For Our Present Troubles
Are Small
And Won't Last Very Long.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 4
8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 
17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 
18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
Observation
In comparison to what the Apostle Paul went through my being inconvenienced because of this Coronavirus/Covid 19 is nothing. This morning I was called back to the hospital at 3 AM to be with a young father whose 40 year old wife had died of heart failure and he had to go back home to tell his 9 and 11 year old sons that their Mom had died. No, what I go through and maybe even what you go through is nothing compared to what is happening in the lives of many of those around us.
So let's take heart with what the Apostle Paul says in verses 17 & 18,
For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, the the things we cannot see will last forever.”
2 Corinthians 1
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 
4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
Application

I will never give up!

How about you?

I am pressed on every side by troubles, but I am not crushed. I am perplexed, but not driven to despair.  That is why I never give up. Though my body is dying, my spirit is being renewed every day. (2 Corinthians 4:8&16 personalized)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for that young father and his two sons. You are the God of all comfort and compassion I pray that You comfort them and help through this time of loss.
I pray for others who may be stressed out because they have lost their job or they are dealing with sickness or have a loved one in the hospital. Encourage them, Lord. Help them. I pray for my family. Keep them safe. I pray for any person who may read this blog. Help them, Lord. Show them that their present troubles won't last very long.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 19,20,21; 2 Corinthians 4



No comments: