Saturday, April 18, 2020

You Are The Light Of The World.


You
Are The Light
Of The World.
Scripture
Matthew 5
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 
15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Observation

Matthew 5,6,&7 contain the Sermon on the Mount. You and I can probably read those 3 chapters in fifteen minutes, but what those three chapters contain will take a lifetime for us to live out.
Matthew 5:16 is my life verse. I think that I memorized the verse as a child and it has always been special to me.
Every single day you and I have the opportunity to be light in this dark world. This world is going through a tough time right now. It is not just our country, it is not just us who are suffering. The entire world to one degree or another is feeling the pain of this virus.
Evil and darkness seem to be on the rise, but let me remind you what God has said in 1 John 4:4, “But you belong to God, my dear children. “You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.”
In all of this current confusion, in all of the darkness and uncertainty, you and I are called to be the light!
Application
I will let my light shine before all men so that they may see my good works and glorify the Father who is in Heaven.
How about you? Will you let your light shine too?
Do you have a life verse? Why not share it with us if you do!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for letting me see the Light. Jesus is the Light of the World. Jesus has called me to be the light to those around me. Help me to be a good witness, a good testimony of what a Christian is supposed to be. I want people to see Jesus in me.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them shine for You. Help them to make good choices. Help them to live out their life in a way that pleases You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 20,21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5



No comments: