Friday, April 03, 2020

I Lay Down And Slept, Yet I Woke Up In Safety, For The Lord Was Watching Over Me.


I Lay Down And Slept,
Yet I Woke Up In Safety,
For The Lord Was Watching Over Me.
Scripture
Psalm 3
3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
    you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
4 I cried out to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy mountain. 
5 I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.
6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
    who surround me on every side.
Proverbs 3
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it
    when it’s in your power to help them.
28 If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say,
    “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”

Observation
What you and I did or didn't do yesterday, all of that is in the past. Let's think about what we can do today to help someone in need. 
Proverbs 3:27-28 tell us not to put off doing good for our neighbors when it is within our power to help them. If you can't physically come to our church and help out, no problem, but why not be creative and think of some other way to encourage and help someone else during this ordeal.
Most of us have plenty of time on our hands so let's make it count … think of someone today who needs a phone call, a text message, a video chat, an email, a snail mail letter, a meal, something from the grocery store, etc.
Psalm 3:5 and Psalm 4:8 are two verses that have helped Kathy deal with fear and have helped her when she was having trouble getting to sleep at night. One of those verses stayed on the night stand on Kathy's side of the bed for a long time as a reminder that God was going to take care of her.
If this crisis has caused you to be restless at night and worry is keeping you up then you might want to do what Kathy did and place those verses on your night stand where you can be reminded that God is going to take care of you and your family.
Psalm 4:8
 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
Application
I will ask the Lord to put on my heart someone who needs to be encouraged today!
How about you? Will you be the Lord's hands and feet today?
Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. Help me to think of someone to encourage today. Put them on my heart and don't let me miss the opportunity to be a blessing to them.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to be bold and courageous during this crisis and also help them to be caring and sensitive to the needs of those around them. Give them the boldness to be used by You.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 17,18; Psalms 89; 2 Corinthians 3; I added: Psalm 3, Psalm 33, Proverbs 3
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.





No comments: