Thursday, April 23, 2020

Fear Only God, Who Can Destroy Both Soul And Body In Hell.


Fear Only God,
Who Can Destroy
Both Soul And Body In Hell.
Scripture
Matthew 10
28 Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.
30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
Observation
This coronavirus is an enemy, an worse it is an invisible enemy and it doesn't seem to discriminate. When you go out to the store, when you stop to get gas at the gas station, or when you go to work, you never know if you are bringing the plague back home with you. It is an eerie feeling. … Isn't it?
I am glad that I have a Heavenly Father. I have been adopted into His forever family. Nothing touches my life without His permission. He is taking care of me. He even knows the exact number of hairs that I still have left on my balding head!
I know that He highly values me. I am more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows! He delights in every detail of my life! Before I was even created in my mother's womb He knew me by name!
Do you know Him?
Psalm 37:23
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 139
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Application
I will take time today to thank the Lord for adopting me into His forever family!
How about you? Do you know Him?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for adopting me. I don't deserve it. I don't know why You did it. I realize that I am a sinner worthy of damnation and destruction but because of Your grace and mercy I know that I am not going to get what I deserve and instead I am going to live forever with You.
I am not afraid of this invisible enemy because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. You will take care of me. You will take care of Kathy. And it is not because we are good, but because we are Your kids. You chose us and You have adopted us into Your family. We are safe in the shelter of Your wings!
I pray for any person who may read this blog who has never called on You for salvation. Open up their spiritual heart. Help them to place their faith and their trust in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross for them. Save them, Lord. Help them to turn from sin and self and help them to turn to You for salvation!
Romans 10:9-10,13
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 27; Psalm 141; 1 Chronicles 9; Matthew 10



No comments: