Saturday, April 25, 2020

But If You Remain In Me And My Words Remain In You, You May Ask For Anything You Want, And It Will Be Granted!


But If You Remain In Me And My Words Remain In You,
You May Ask For Anything You Want,
And It Will Be Granted!
Scripture
John 15
7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 

8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.
Observation
It shouldn't come as a surprise to me that so many of the nurses that I meet and talk to at the hospital are followers of Jesus Christ. But every once in a while I run into one that may not as yet seen the light.
I asked several nurses at a nurse's station if I could pray for them and one of the nurses made a face along with some kind of noise like a grunt or a sigh. It caught my attention and so I asked her, “You don't believe in prayer?” To which she replied something like, “I don't pray I usually just cry out!”
The very moment she said that, before I had a chance to say anything or even begin to pray there came a voice over the loud speaker requesting that the rapid response team go immediately to a certain room on a different floor of the hospital and so off she went. I yelled out to her … and we are going to pray for you too!
I say to you and I would have said to her, that I am living proof that God answers the prayers of his people.
It is why I love to go to the hospital and talk to patients and I love to pray with them. Nothing is more important.
I brag on all the people that prayed for me every chance I get. I still am overwhelmed with emotion any time I think about how they prayed for me and they did not give up.
Against all odds they prayed and they didn't give up. Tears fill my eyes right now just thinking about what God did because people (many of you) prayed for me.
The odds were greater than 95% that I would not survive, the surgeon told Kathy, “Your husband has less than a 5% chance of surviving from the operating room up to Intensive Care. He even told his Nurse Practitioner (who told me a few weeks later) that the surgeon thought that I would not survive!
At one time they had 17 drips going into me and had pumped (or dripped) 100 pounds of fluids into me trying to save my life. Everyone who saw me said that I looked like I was about to “pop” and that I looked like a “Blimp”. At one point I weighed an unbelievable 289 pounds … l00 pounds of fluids!
John 15:7 is not a magical formula; it is not meant for us to believe that we can just name it and claim it. It is all about us having a relationship that is so close to Jesus that what is on His heart is also on our heart. And so that when we pray we are praying what is on the heart of God.
Does that make sense?
Application
When I pray, I will pray knowing that God wants me to pray and He wants to answer my prayers!
How about you?
James 5:16
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
Matthew 21
21 Then Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. 
22 You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, teach me how to pray. Show me what is on Your heart. Nothing is too hard for You. What we call miracles are just Your hands at work. Every day is a miracle. Help me to take advantage of every day and not waste them on things that don't matter.
I pray for Kathy Renner today. I pray for healing. I pray for her husband Don and for their kids and grandkids as they anxiously wait for Kathy's return home from the hospital.
Acts 12:5
But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.
1 Samuel 12:23
As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 30,31; 1 Chronicles 10; Matthew 12



No comments: