Friday, May 08, 2020

But When The Son Of Man Comes In His Glory, And All The Angels With Him, Then He Will Sit Upon His Glorious Throne.


But When The Son Of Man Comes In His Glory,
And All The Angels With Him,
Then He Will Sit Upon His Glorious Throne.
Scripture
Matthew 25
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne.
32 All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.
Observation
Not “if” but “when” Jesus comes! When Jesus returns, He will return with “all” the angels and He will come to judge all of us! When that judgment day comes, you and I need to be sure that we are at his right hand and not on His left. The Sheep will be at Jesus' right hand and the goats will be at his left.
It is not good people who are the “sheep” and it is not bad people who are the “goats”. It is forgiven people who are Jesus' sheep!
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 

Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
I am a sheep. I am no longer a goat! Jesus is my Shepherd.
I don't deserve it. I realize that I am a sinner. I know that I don't deserve eternal life, but I am glad that Jesus died on the cross, His life for mine, to give me what I don't deserve.
Application
I am glad that I belong to the Good Shepherd. I have everything that I need.
How about you? Goat or Sheep?
Psalm 23:1
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to be counted as one of your sheep. I do not fear judgment day because I know that I have been forgiven. Help me to live out my life in a way that pleases You.
I pray for those who still need to trust in what Jesus did on the cross for them so that they can be counted as part of Your flock. Open up their spiritual eyes so that they can understand what You have done for them on the cross.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 15,16; Psalms 32; Matthew 25

No comments: