Saturday, May 30, 2020

Everyone Enjoys A Fitting Reply; It Is Wonderful To Say The Right Thing At The Right Time!


Everyone Enjoys
A Fitting Reply;
It Is Wonderful To Say The Right Thing At The Right Time!
Scripture
Proverbs 15
23 Everyone enjoys a fitting reply;
    it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time!
Observation
Last night was a tough night. There are no words that I could have said to make the situation any better for the young mother that just found out her baby girl that she had carried for 36 weeks no longer had a heart beat.
As soon as I saw the message from the nurse requesting that I come to be with this young mother because there was a fetal demise I began to pray. Lord, what can I say? Lord, how can I help ease the pain of this loss?
I felt the knot begin to grow in the pit of my stomach because I knew that there was nothing that I could say that would be right. As much as I wanted to fix the whole situation I knew that there was no fixing this.
Oh, yes, I did say some things to the young Mom and her young husband and I prayed with them and grieved with them, but this morning I still hurt for them, my eyes are full of tears for them. I have no answers for their loss.
But I am also thankful this morning that not every visit is like that and there are times when I actually do have a fitting reply for a patient, for a fellow church member, and for a friend. Yes, there are times when I am actually able to say the right thing at the right time!
And I know that you have those moments too!
Application
I will continue to be there for people even when there are no words that can help the situation.
How about you? Words are so important … what we say and how we say them … and sometimes just being there is way more important than what we say.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for this young mother and her husband. Give them strength. Help them get through this rough time. Draw them to a closer relationship with You through this terrible time. Show them how much You love them. Help me minister to people when words aren't enough. Give me Your heart for the people around me.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 13,14,15; Romans 11



No comments: