Thursday, May 21, 2020

And This Is The Message I Proclaim – That The Day Is Coming When God, Through Christ Jesus, Will Judge Everyone’s Secret Life.


And This Is The Message I Proclaim –
That The Day Is Coming When God,
Through Christ Jesus, Will Judge Everyone’s Secret Life.
Scripture
Romans 2
16 And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.
Observation
I have been fooled and let down by people before and I am sure that you have too! People who were very close to me. I thought that I knew them only to find out later that I didn't really know them at all. I have blindly trusted people only to find out later, and way too late, that I should not have trusted them at all.
King David knew and understood what it felt like to be betrayed by a friend, he wrote in Psalms Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me.” Psalm 41:9
All of us have within us the capacity or the potential to disappoint, fool, and even destroy someone else – all of us have the potential to even betray our closest friend – there is only One who really knows us, only One who really knows our secret life and His name is Jesus.
And one day Jesus is going to judge that secret life of mine and and He is going to judge your secret life too!
This means that I need to be a man of integrity. I need to be a loyal to my friends. I need to keep my word.
If a friendship or a relationship starts to go south, or starts to deteriorate then I need to do everything within my power to get it back on track.
And yes, it definitely means that I need to guard my heart!
Proverbs 4:23
23 Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Jeremiah 17:9
9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
Application
I will be wise and not blindly trust someone – anyone – with my finances. I will forgive quickly when I am hurt or betrayed. I will let the problem be their problem not mine. I will let my Heavenly Father avenge and take care of any person who wrongs me.
How about you? How will you treat your enemies? Are you guarding your heart? What is going on in that secret life of yours?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, one day I know that I will stand before You. Everything that I have done in secret will be out in the open. I know that I can't hide anything from You. Help me to guard my heart. Help me to be wise with my finances. Help me to be quick to forgive when I have been betrayed. I will not try to get even or hurt someone who has hurt me. I will let You deal with them. 
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.” (Psalm 19:14; Psalm 139:23-24)
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalms 98; Romans 2



No comments: