Saturday, May 02, 2020

Truly I Tell You, At The Renewal Of All Things, When The Son Of Man Sits On His Glorious Throne …


Truly I Tell You,
At The Renewal Of All Things,
When The Son Of Man Sits On His Glorious Throne …
Scripture
Matthew 19
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. 
24 I’ll say it again—it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
25 The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.
26 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”
27 Then Peter said to him, “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?”
28 Jesus replied, “I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 
29 And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.
Observation
Did you catch what Jesus said in His response to Simon Peter's question, “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?” Jesus shares something that I think is very exciting and if you are not careful you will not catch it ... you might not pick up on what He said. It might go right by you!
Jesus said in verse 28 and 29, “... I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.”
This world is going to be made new and when it is made new all of us who have given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for Christ's sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.
I don't know about you but I am looking forward to a world that is made new. A world that is perfect. A world like Adam and Eve experienced before the fall. I am so looking forward to a world with no evil, no death, no pain, no tears, no sin, and no coronavirus! Aren't you?
Come Lord Jesus! Come!
Application
I know that one day I am going to receive from Jesus so much more and I will get to enjoy it in a perfect world.
How about you? Are you content? And are you looking forward to what the Lord has in store for you? I hope so!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are so good. You have always taken care of us. Kathy and I are blessed. I know that You will take care of every need that we have as long as we continue to put You first in our lives. Thank You for providing for us everything that we need.
I pray for anyone who may be reading this simple blog. Bless them Lord. Help them to consistently read Your Word every day. Reveal things to them. Show them all the good things that You have in store for them.
Thank You for the promise that this world is going to get a make over. It really needs one. I am looking forward to walking around in a perfect place with a bunch of perfect people, with all of us enjoying everything that You have prepared for us to enjoy!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 106; Matthew 19



No comments: