Monday, May 11, 2020

Give Your Burdens To The LORD, And He Will Take Care Of You.


Give
Your Burdens To The LORD,
And He Will Take Care Of You.
Scripture
Psalm 55
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Observation
King David had plenty of problems and the problems he had were overwhelming. What do you do when your problems become so overwhelming, when your problems make you ill with concern and worry? I talk to a lot of people at the hospital who say that they are probably in the hospital because of all the stress in their life.
You and I were not designed by our Creator to live on this planet without His help.
So what burden are you trying to carry by yourself today?
Is it your poor health, a marriage problem, a rebellious ungodly child, financial problems, boss or coworker problem, or maybe the death of a loved one? None of these problems, not one of them was ever meant to be faced alone without our Heavenly Father's help. Not one of them!
Here are some of my go to verses when I get clobbered by something way bigger than I can handle:
Psalm 56:3
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Phiilippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 4:8
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
Application
I will not face life's challenges alone today. I will roll my burdens over on to the Lord and I will let Him take care of them.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that there are so many things that I face that are way bigger than I can handle. And I know that there is nothing that I face too big for You to handle. Nothing is too hard for You.
I pray for any person reading this blog today that may feel overwhelmed. Help them to turn to You for help. Don't let them give up. Remind them that life was never meant to be lived alone without depending on You.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 19,20; Psalms 55; Matthew 28



No comments: