Tuesday, May 12, 2020

My God Is My Rock, In Whom I Find Protection.


My God
Is My Rock,
In Whom I Find Protection.
Scripture
2 Samuel 22
1 David sang this song to the Lord on the day the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. 
2 He sang:
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
3 my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
    the one who saves me from violence.
4 I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.
Observation
King David was at war most of his life. He learned, by living out in the wilderness hiding from King Saul, that it was God who was his rock, his fortress, his refuge, his shield, his place of safety, and his savior.
Until we learn what King David learned we will always live in fear.
There are real enemies that we will have to face in life. The world we live in is evil, and it is often brutal. The prince of this world is Satan and his greatest weapon against us is fear. He uses fear to divide us.
This fear causes us to be suspicious of people, it causes us to have the tendency to see or expect the worst in someone instead of seeing or expecting the best.
It is important for me to remember that all of us are sinners. We are all broken. And yet God loves each and every one of us – YES! Red, Yellow, Black, and White, we are all precious in His sight.
Don't be a victim to fear!
1 John 4:17-19
17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 
19 We love each other because he loved us first.
Application
I will strive to live like Jesus today and love people the way Jesus loved them.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to guard my heart. Don't let fear rule in my life. Help me to live my life like Jesus today. Give me the capacity to love the worst sinner. Remind me constantly that I am also a sinner in desperate need of forgiveness. Show me when my attitude is not right. Convict me of sin and help me to confess my sins as soon as I commit them. You are my hiding place, my refuge, my shield, my rock, my place of safety, and my Savior.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 21,22,23; 1 Thessalonians 1



No comments: