Wednesday, May 27, 2020

And I Am Convinced That Nothing Can Ever Separate Us From God's Love.


And I Am Convinced
That Nothing
Can Ever Separate Us From God's Love.
Scripture
Romans 8
35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?
36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”)
37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 
39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Observation
I talked to someone at the hospital last night who had attempted to take her own life and she sadly said as I was talking to her about how much God loved her, “I don't even think He knows who I am.” I realized that I was talking to someone who was empty, who was lonely, who had lost all hope. She had come to the point where life had no meaning for her at all.
So I pulled up a chair and I sat down and we talked. I tried my best to give her hope. I shared with her that life was never meant to be lived without a relationship with the One who created us. I tried my best to let her know that she was highly valued by God and that her life mattered.
After hearing her story, or at least hearing the part of her story that she was willing to share with me, it was not surprising that she had tried to end her life. I grieve for her and all that she has experienced.
Yet, I know that her life doesn't have to stay on the path where it is heading … the path of death and destruction. I know that if she will just put her faith and her trust in Jesus Christ that her life will be totally different.
I realize that I will probably only have the one conversation with her. She will more than likely be released from the hospital today and I don't go back to the hospital until tomorrow. But what she doesn't know is that she is not forgotten.
I am still praying for her. I am praying for a miracle. I am praying that God will save her and totally transform her life. I am praying that God will give her meaning and purpose in life.
He loves to do that ... you know!
Application
I will not give up on people!
How about you? Is there someone that you have given up on?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I do pray that you will transform this ladies life. Give her hope. Her her a reason to live. Show her what a loving Heavenly Father You are. I pray for her salvation. I pray for her protection. Bring people into her life that will point her to You.
I pray for any person who may read this blog that feels hopeless. I pray that You give them hope. Give them purpose and meaning for their life today.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 4,5,6; Romans 8



No comments: