Friday, May 22, 2020

For Everyone Has Sinned; We All Fall Short Of God's Glorious Standard.


For Everyone
Has Sinned;
We All Fall Short Of God's Glorious Standard.
Scripture
Romans 3:23
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
Observation
I am a sinner. So are you. My sin separates me from God. My sin messes up my relationship with those around me. I must confess my sin and keep my relationship right with my Heavenly Father and keep my relationship right with those around me.
There is always the tendency to compare myself with someone else. There is always the temptation to measure my sin against someone elses sin and think that what I am doing is not as bad as what they are doing or what they did.
Wrong is wrong. Sin is sin. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Sin has consequences. It can leave deep scars. Sin unconfessed can destroy us. Let's confess our sins as we commit them. Let's keep our relationship right with God and right with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Application
I will do my best to confess my sins as soon as I commit them. I will do everything possible to keep my relationship right with those around me.
How about you?
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me compare myself with those around me. Show me my sin when I sin and help me to keep my sins confessed. Break my heart with what breaks Yours.
I pray for John Elwell today as he has surgery to have his gall bladder removed. I pray for a quick recovery.
Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Numbers 32:23
23 But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Psalms 99; Romans 3



No comments: