Monday, May 25, 2020

Do Not Let Sin Control The Way You Live; Do Not Give In To Sinful Desires.


Do Not Let Sin
Control The Way You Live;
Do Not Give In To Sinful Desires.
Scripture
Romans 6
12 Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.
Observation
Today my daily Bible reading that included 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles talk about Solomon and how much God had blessed him. God had clearly told Solomon not to marry foreign wives … but …
You must not marry them, because they will turn your hearts to their gods.” Yet Solomon insisted on loving them anyway. 3 He had 700 wives of royal birth and 300 concubines. And in fact, they did turn his heart away from the Lord.” (1 Kings 11:2-3)
He was the wisest and the richest man that has ever lived, yet in his old age he let sin turn his heart away from the Lord.
It is a warning to me and it sure ought to be a warning to you too!
Are you letting sin control the way you live? 1 Kings 11 is a very sad commentary on the life of King Solomon.
Application
I want to finish well.
How about you? Are you letting sin control the way you live?
This Book (the Bible) will keep me away from sin, and sin will keep me away from this Book. (A quote written in my study Bible from Pastor Rapley Armstrong)
Prayer
Heavenly Father, do not let me drift away from a close relationship with You. Help me to guard my heart. I want to finish well. Keep me away from stupid sins that will mess up my relationship with You and will mess up my relationship with those around me. Continue to show me in Your Word how I should live my life.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 10,11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6



No comments: