Thursday, May 07, 2020

But The Man Who Commits Adultery Is An Utter Fool, For He Destroys Himself.


But The Man Who Commits Adultery
Is An Utter Fool,
For He Destroys Himself.
Scripture
Proverbs 6
30 Excuses might be found for a thief
    who steals because he is starving.

31 But if he is caught, he must pay back seven times what he stole,
    even if he has to sell everything in his house.

32 But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool,
    for he destroys himself.
Observation
Just read yesterday about King David committing adultery with Bathsheba, what a fool he was. The consequences were terrible for not only him but for his family and the entire nation.
If you are struggling in your relationship right now, don't think for a minute that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. What is on the other side of the fence is misery, and destruction.
Just start pampering and taking better care of the grass on your side of the fence.
Marriage takes a lot of hard work. And by the way, you are probably not easy to live with either! Love your spouse!
Application
I will manicure and take care of the grass on my side of the fence!
How about you? Will you be faithful?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such a great wife. I feel sorry for some of the other guys that I know. You have given me a keeper and that is exactly what I plan to do. Forever is a long time and that is exactly how long I want to spend with my wife. Don't let me mess up. Don't let me do something stupid. Guard our relationship. Protect us, Lord. Help us to keep our marriage strong.
I pray for any person struggling in their marriage. Give them the strength not to give up. Help them to be faithful. Help them to take care of their side of the fence!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 13,14; Matthew 24; I added: Psalm 6, Psalm 36, Proverbs 6



No comments: