Sunday, May 24, 2020

Fix Your Thoughts On What Is True, And Honorable, And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable. Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise!


Fix Your Thoughts On What Is True, And Honorable,
And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable.
Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise!
Scripture
Philippians 4
2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement.
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 
Observation
In preparing for this morning's Sunday School Lesson which is taken from Philippians 2 I decided to add to my daily Bible reading Philippians 3 & 4.
I think one of the main reasons the Apostle Paul wrote Philippians was to help two sisters in the Lord who were at odds with each other. He wrote, “Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement.”
Because you belong to the Lord” settle your disagreement!”
That is a good word for any of us who are fighting and arguing with each other … BECAUSE YOU BELONG TO THE LORD SETTLE YOUR DISAGREEMENT!
Philippians 4:6-7 are verses I use almost every day with folks who are in the hospital. And if I have the time and the patient seems interested I add 1 Peter 5:7; Psalm 55:22, Isaiah 26:3; and Psalm 56:3.
I hope that you are taking the time to read God's Word every day and are getting your directions from Him about how to get along with your brothers and sisters in Christ!
Just do what God says for you to do and you will be glad that you did!
Application
I will fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. I will think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and lovely, and admirable. Help my thoughts be on things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Don't let me do something hurtful to a brother or sister in Christ.
I pray today for my pastors and their families. Help them, Lord. Encourage them. Give them wisdom. Protect their families. Speak through them today to encourage and guide us.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 8; Psalms 136; Romans 5; I added: Philippians 3 & Philippians 4



No comments: