Sunday, May 10, 2020

What Can Mere Mortals Do To Me?


What
Can Mere
Mortals Do To Me?
Scripture
Psalm 56
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised.
    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
Observation

First I want to say, “Happy Mother's Day!” to all of you who are Mom's!
When we see the rich getting richer, and at the same time we see so many people losing their jobs. When we see our freedoms being infringed on, and at the same time we are struggling against an invisible enemy. An enemy that has the potential to kill lots of people, including the very people we love.
Yes my friend, all of this can create anxiety and fear. And it can also create deep bitterness, and cynicism in us if we are not careful and we don't guard our hearts.
So what do you do when you see or when you experience world events that seem to threaten your very existence? I don't know about you, but I know what I am going to do, I am going to put my trust in God, in the One, the only One who can straighten things out.
A lot that is happening in this world seems out of control, but not one thing is happening right now without God's permission. He sees the evil that is going on and sees the injustice and one day He will judge and one day He will do away with evil and one day He will settle accounts.
Right now we need to live for Him. We must live our lives in a way that pleases Him. We must be the light in this dark perverse world.
John 12:46
I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.
Ephesians 6:11-12
11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 
12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Application
King David said this in Psalm 56:3, “When I am afraid I will put my trust in You (God)”. And that is just what Eddy is going to do!
How about you? What are you going to do?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, bless all the Mom's today on Mother's Day. They do so much to make our lives better. Bless them, Lord!
Help me not to become cynical about the world I live in. Help me to see things from Your perspective. Help me to believe the best in people and not the worst. Give me Your heart and Your love for the people around me. I pray for our nation's leaders. Give them direction and correct those that need Your hand of correction.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 18; Psalms 56; Matthew 27



No comments: